Here is the branch diary of meetings and social events for the next few months.
- Manchester Pubs
Thursday 7 December 2023 11:28
This trip has been postponed to January on a a date yet to be announced due to the risk of train disruption on 7 December.
The Chester Branch will be holding a trip to Manchester by train on Thursday 7th December to visit some new pubs and old favourites using the Chester to Leeds service. The itinerary has been devised by our Chairman, Brian Vardy and is show below.
If you'd like to come along on this trip please email: ku.gro.armac.csac@slaicos so we know how many people to expect. The train to catch is the 11:28 am Northern service to Leeds, which calls at Manchester Victoria. There may be a discount available if two people travelling together buy a Duo ticket. ITINERARY:
MANCHESTER Thursday 7th December 2023. Train to Manchester Victoria departs Chester at 11:28 am, (Northern service to Leeds) and arrives 12:18 pm.
RETURN TRAINS: 19:06 and 20:06. The last direct train from Victoria is 21:06.
1. The Victoria Tap, Victoria Station. A new bar on Victoria Station. 4 or 5 real ales and live train information, which will be useful later. Then a 10 - 15 minute walk to:
2. North Westward Ho, Chapel Walks. A very new pub owned by Pomona Island Brewery of Salford. Their beers and guest/s. Converted Autumn 2023.
3. Café Beermoth, Spring Gardens. GBG. A modern bar with 7 real ales and 10 keg. A 10 – 15 minute walk past stops 5 and 6 to Jack in the Box: Possible stop Arndale Centre.
4. Jack in the Box, Smithfield Market (Mackie Mayor). This is a Blackjack Brewery bar in a restored Victorian market which is now a food hall. Usually 8 Blackjack real ales and 10 keg. A wide choice of food for those who do not want curry. The alternative is to go to "This and That", Soap Street, one of Manchester’s famous curry cafes. This is essentially, behind the Hare and Hounds / Lower Turks Head.
5. The Hare and Hounds, Shudehill. GBG. Holts Bitter and guest/s. An Inventory pub. A few doors down to:
6. The Lower Turks Head, Shudehill. GBG. The full range of Holts real ales is available. Depending on time we could now go to:
7. The Marble Arch, Rochdale Road for Marble Beers.
8. Sadlers Cat for Cloudwater Beers.
9. The Victoria Tap (again) for last beer and train times. Due to strikes it maybe best not to rely on the last train.
- Liverpool Pubs
Thursday 7 December 2023 13:00
As he train trip to Manchester on Thursday 7th December has been postponed to January we will go to Liverpool instead as there are some new and refurbished pubs to visit, as well as old favourites and MerseyRail services are not affected by industrial action.
We will meet at Chester station at 1pm in time to catch the 13:12 departure to Liverpool.
Please email ku.gro.armac.csac@slaicos to confirm you are coming along so we know how many to expect. Please note the email address in the original message about the Manchester trip was incorrect!
If you would like to join the group a bit later then contact Brian Vardy on 07731 792146 to see where they are.
- Chester Area Branch Meeting & Christmas Social
Thursday 14 December 2023 20:00
The Chester branch will be holding a meeting followed by the branch Christmas social in the upstairs room at The Cornerhouse in Chester, starting at 2000.
Please came and join in to find out what's happening in the branch and how you can become involved. All members are welcome to attend.