Welcome to the Chester & South Clwyd branch of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
Our Area of Campaigning
CAMRA's Chester and South Clwyd Branch offers a warm welcome to everyone, especially if you live in our catchment area bounded by these parts of West Cheshire and North East Wales:
Hooton, Ellesmere Port, Ince, Hapsford, Kelsall, Clotton, Huxley, Bulkley, Willey Moor, Hanmer, Knolton, Overton-on-Dee, Chirk, Ceiriog Valley, Llangollen and Rhewl, Llandegla, Minera, Llanfynydd, Hawarden and Connah's Quay.
Where we actually cover in terms of pubs is often a topic of hot debate (no, seriously) and certainly causes much confusion amongst members. Is it based on postcodes - the method used to determine branch membership numbers - or does it follow specific national, county, district and parish boundaries? Well, the answer is a bit of everything suggesting that whoever devised the rules must have had ten pints of Old Peculier beforehand as well as a few psychedelic drugs. If you wish to lose the will to live then read on.
In England it's relatively straight forward. Everywhere in the former local government districts of Chester and Ellesmere Port & Neston Borough (prior to their merger with Vale Royal to form Cheshire West & Cheshire) is ours except for Willaston, Neston and Parkgate which Wirral CAMRA Branch supervises.
In Wales it's more fiddly. Very fiddly in fact. All of Wrexham County Borough is covered by this branch while we also administer parts of Flintshire and Denbighshire dependent on the postcode. Let's break this down further for the masochistic amongst you.
CH4 - Bretton, Broughton, Penyffordd, Saltney
LL11 - Llandegla
CH5 - Aston, Connah's Quay, Ewloe, Garden City, Hawarden, Mancot, Queensferry, Sandycroft, Shotton, Wepre
LL20 - Llangollen, Rhewl
LL11 - Ffrith, Llanfynydd
LL12 - Caergwrle, Cefn-y-Bedd, Hope
Now, there's also some bewilderment about SY13 and SY14 postcodes which affect Barton, Hanmer, Malpas, Nomansheath, Sarn, Shocklach, Tilston, Tushingham and Willey Moor. If this is you, but you live in either Wrexham County Borough or Chester District (as was), then we cover your patch. Trust us on this one.
Now go to bed, take a sedative, and be ready for an exam in the morning.
Twitter / CamraCaSC
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Friday, 18:00 : .@simonscider has been awarded by CAMRA's Pomona Awards! Simon Gibson created mixed cider boxes during lockdown with complementary tasting sessions & is helping people across the country learn about cider & perry production. #CiderMonth 🍎 Read more 👉 ow.ly/7Mj550C0XpN pic.twitter.com/zj1cJyU4RS
- Friday, 17:00 : RT @PubsPintsPeople: LAST ORDERS! Ant, Matt & Clair have shared with us what brews they've been enjoying this week: 👇 Ant - Mann's Brown Ale by @MarstonsBrewery Clair - Cocow by @AmpersandBrewCo Matt - ALD IPA by @BrewDog Share with us below what drinks you’ve enjoyed lately! 🍻 pic.twitter.com/eKKsLXXICF
- Friday, 16:32 : Calling pub landlords! 🚨 @theipaper are looking to speak to pub landlords across the UK for a feature about the challenges they are facing due to the pandemic. They would also like to hear from landlords that have had to innovate and diversify due to the pandemic. (1/2) pic.twitter.com/o86Sl67swb
- Friday, 14:14 : 🚨🚨🚨 Check out @SIBA01's thread 👇 twitter.com/SIBA01/status/…
- Thursday, 14:18 : Thank you @LSRPlaid for securing an adjournment debate on the the Govt's planned changes to Small Brewers' Relief. Nearly 50,000 concerned beer lovers have signed this petition opposing the changes, we need to #SupportSmallBrewers 👇 petition.parliament.uk/petitions/3340…