Welcome to the Chester & South Clwyd branch of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
Our Area of Campaigning
CAMRA's Chester and South Clwyd Branch offers a warm welcome to everyone, especially if you live in our catchment area bounded by these parts of West Cheshire and North East Wales:
Hooton, Ellesmere Port, Ince, Hapsford, Kelsall, Clotton, Huxley, Bulkley, Willey Moor, Hanmer, Knolton, Overton-on-Dee, Chirk, Ceiriog Valley, Llangollen and Rhewl, Llandegla, Minera, Llanfynydd, Hawarden and Connah's Quay.
Where we actually cover in terms of pubs is often a topic of hot debate (no, seriously) and certainly causes much confusion amongst members. Is it based on postcodes - the method used to determine branch membership numbers - or does it follow specific national, county, district and parish boundaries? Well, the answer is a bit of everything suggesting that whoever devised the rules must have had ten pints of Old Peculier beforehand as well as a few psychedelic drugs. If you wish to lose the will to live then read on.
In England it's relatively straight forward. Everywhere in the former local government districts of Chester and Ellesmere Port & Neston Borough (prior to their merger with Vale Royal to form Cheshire West & Cheshire) is ours except for Willaston, Neston and Parkgate which Wirral CAMRA Branch supervises.
In Wales it's more fiddly. Very fiddly in fact. All of Wrexham County Borough is covered by this branch while we also administer parts of Flintshire and Denbighshire dependent on the postcode. Let's break this down further for the masochistic amongst you.
CH4 - Bretton, Broughton, Penyffordd, Saltney
LL11 - Llandegla
CH5 - Aston, Connah's Quay, Ewloe, Garden City, Hawarden, Mancot, Queensferry, Sandycroft, Shotton, Wepre
LL20 - Llangollen, Rhewl
LL11 - Ffrith, Llanfynydd
LL12 - Caergwrle, Cefn-y-Bedd, Hope
Now, there's also some bewilderment about SY13 and SY14 postcodes which affect Barton, Hanmer, Malpas, Nomansheath, Sarn, Shocklach, Tilston, Tushingham and Willey Moor. If this is you, but you live in either Wrexham County Borough or Chester District (as was), then we cover your patch. Trust us on this one.
Now go to bed, take a sedative, and be ready for an exam in the morning.
Twitter / CamraCaSC
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Friday, 18:00 : Eastbourne Beer Festivals tickets are NOW on sale. Book Now for 18-20 November! #FestivalSeason Tickets: visiteastbourne.com/beer-festivals… Go to our website for more festivals: ow.ly/a5VT50GbKH6 pic.twitter.com/v8IwLtyNUB
- Thursday, 18:00 : CAMRA members can now register for the 2022 Members' Weekend, AGM and Conference, taking place from 8-10 April in Eastbourne. Follow the link to find out more and sign up 👉 ow.ly/EVXy50GbaJ7 pic.twitter.com/CgvHzhugkE
- Tuesday, 20:42 : RT @RotaryNorthwich: Do you have your Beer & Drinks Festival tickets yet? If not I strongly recommend you buy them in advance because demand is very high and there is now a possibility the event could sell out prior to its start on Friday evening, details attached. 👍🍺🍺🥂🍾 pic.twitter.com/riR5fiGuuy
- Wednesday, 18:00 : Another fantastic title is available from the CAMRA shop! @JonnyGarrett's A Year in Beer is a guide to the best beer to drink during each month of the year 📚🍻 Get your copy here 👉 ow.ly/w0Cp50Gan6H pic.twitter.com/sBkeKmOSRJ
- Tuesday, 11:11 : It's official - @PubsPintsPeople is back with season 4! 🎧 This week our special guests include @totalcurtis and @theciderologist, chatting about their new titles. Click the link below to tune in, or listen on @ApplePodcasts or @SpotifyUK! twitter.com/PubsPintsPeopl…