Welcome to the Chester & South Clwyd branch of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
Our Area of Campaigning
CAMRA's Chester and South Clwyd Branch offers a warm welcome to everyone, especially if you live in our catchment area bounded by these parts of West Cheshire and North East Wales:
Hooton, Ellesmere Port, Ince, Hapsford, Kelsall, Clotton, Huxley, Bulkley, Willey Moor, Hanmer, Knolton, Overton-on-Dee, Chirk, Ceiriog Valley, Llangollen and Rhewl, Llandegla, Minera, Llanfynydd, Hawarden and Connah's Quay.
Where we actually cover in terms of pubs is often a topic of hot debate (no, seriously) and certainly causes much confusion amongst members. Is it based on postcodes - the method used to determine branch membership numbers - or does it follow specific national, county, district and parish boundaries? Well, the answer is a bit of everything suggesting that whoever devised the rules must have had ten pints of Old Peculier beforehand as well as a few psychedelic drugs. If you wish to lose the will to live then read on.
In England it's relatively straight forward. Everywhere in the former local government districts of Chester and Ellesmere Port & Neston Borough (prior to their merger with Vale Royal to form Cheshire West & Cheshire) is ours except for Willaston, Neston and Parkgate which Wirral CAMRA Branch supervises.
In Wales it's more fiddly. Very fiddly in fact. All of Wrexham County Borough is covered by this branch while we also administer parts of Flintshire and Denbighshire dependent on the postcode. Let's break this down further for the masochistic amongst you.
CH4 - Bretton, Broughton, Penyffordd, Saltney
LL11 - Llandegla
CH5 - Aston, Connah's Quay, Ewloe, Garden City, Hawarden, Mancot, Queensferry, Sandycroft, Shotton, Wepre
LL20 - Llangollen, Rhewl
LL11 - Ffrith, Llanfynydd
LL12 - Caergwrle, Cefn-y-Bedd, Hope
Now, there's also some bewilderment about SY13 and SY14 postcodes which affect Barton, Hanmer, Malpas, Nomansheath, Sarn, Shocklach, Tilston, Tushingham and Willey Moor. If this is you, but you live in either Wrexham County Borough or Chester District (as was), then we cover your patch. Trust us on this one.
Now go to bed, take a sedative, and be ready for an exam in the morning.
Twitter / CamraCaSC
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 13:36 : RT @FraserWhieldon: Great to see @savestapubs is going from strength to strength, making the latest edition of @CAMRA_Official's Beer publication! 🍺 pic.twitter.com/uELjBceGfr
- Monday, 12:50 : We have lots of great deals on CAMRA Books this festive season, to help you find the perfect gift for the beer & pub lover in your life! 🎁 Members can now get 'The Pub Manifesto' for only £8! Don't miss out - offer valid until 14 Nov! Shop our books 👉 ow.ly/Pwtc50x7zcH pic.twitter.com/vyBwZUcV6s
- Sunday, 11:00 : As winter’s chill descends and jack frost nips at your nose, why not warm yourself at the open fire of one of these cosy pubs? 🔥 Did you catch our list of 10 pubs with roaring fires to visit this winter, recommended by our members? Catch up now! ➡️ ow.ly/b0P650x5Yzq
- Saturday, 12:00 : Join CAMRA at the @BBCGoodFoodShow at NEC Birmingham, 28th Nov – 1st Dec 2019! Sample Champion Bottled Beer finalists, join our tastings hosted by beer experts, and visit our stand for cracking CAMRA Christmas gifts! CAMRA members get 20% off admission: ow.ly/fmcE50x5KXD pic.twitter.com/h0PIdfEUSd
- Friday, 17:00 : We've revealed some cosy pubs with a roaring fire to visit to keep warm this winter! 🔥 From roasting chestnuts on an open fire to charming country inns and Tudor fireplaces, all are recommended by CAMRA members. List here! #LovePubsJoinCAMRA 👉 ow.ly/b0P650x5Yzq pic.twitter.com/4MQw7krskM