Welcome to the Chester & South Clwyd branch of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
Our Area of Campaigning
CAMRA's Chester and South Clwyd Branch offers a warm welcome to everyone, especially if you live in our catchment area bounded by these parts of West Cheshire and North East Wales:
Hooton, Ellesmere Port, Ince, Hapsford, Kelsall, Clotton, Huxley, Bulkley, Willey Moor, Hanmer, Knolton, Overton-on-Dee, Chirk, Ceiriog Valley, Llangollen and Rhewl, Llandegla, Minera, Llanfynydd, Hawarden and Connah's Quay.
Where we actually cover in terms of pubs is often a topic of hot debate (no, seriously) and certainly causes much confusion amongst members. Is it based on postcodes - the method used to determine branch membership numbers - or does it follow specific national, county, district and parish boundaries? Well, the answer is a bit of everything suggesting that whoever devised the rules must have had ten pints of Old Peculier beforehand as well as a few psychedelic drugs. If you wish to lose the will to live then read on.
In England it's relatively straight forward. Everywhere in the former local government districts of Chester and Ellesmere Port & Neston Borough (prior to their merger with Vale Royal to form Cheshire West & Cheshire) is ours except for Willaston, Neston and Parkgate which Wirral CAMRA Branch supervises.
In Wales it's more fiddly. Very fiddly in fact. All of Wrexham County Borough is covered by this branch while we also administer parts of Flintshire and Denbighshire dependent on the postcode. Let's break this down further for the masochistic amongst you.
CH4 - Bretton, Broughton, Penyffordd, Saltney
LL11 - Llandegla
CH5 - Aston, Connah's Quay, Ewloe, Garden City, Hawarden, Mancot, Queensferry, Sandycroft, Shotton, Wepre
LL20 - Llangollen, Rhewl
LL11 - Ffrith, Llanfynydd
LL12 - Caergwrle, Cefn-y-Bedd, Hope
Now, there's also some bewilderment about SY13 and SY14 postcodes which affect Barton, Hanmer, Malpas, Nomansheath, Sarn, Shocklach, Tilston, Tushingham and Willey Moor. If this is you, but you live in either Wrexham County Borough or Chester District (as was), then we cover your patch. Trust us on this one.
Now go to bed, take a sedative, and be ready for an exam in the morning.
Twitter / CamraCaSC
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Tuesday, 18:00 : Ever seen the term 'Kettle sour' on the side of a bottle and wondered what it means? Well, Ruvani de Silva (@amethyst_heels) has produced a helpful guide to kettle souring on our Learn & Discover platform (@feralfruits). Read it here 👉 ow.ly/LJFi50Et6Jt pic.twitter.com/mRqTbKEKN8
- Tuesday, 11:03 : 1/2: MEDIA REQUEST!🚨 A publication are looking for pubs struggling to hire enough staff for reopening, due to a combination of many European migrants returning home and some workers on furlough choosing not to return. pic.twitter.com/TwjveMul4S
- Monday, 18:00 : Here's a first look at our brand new What's Brewing online platform! We're currently at the testing phase, and will be bringing the finished article to our members next month. Make sure to follow the new dedicated Twitter feed: @WBOnline_ 👀 pic.twitter.com/wflnqWGB1Q
- Monday, 14:44 : Thanks to all members who attended our AGM yesterday, National Executive results can be found in the tweet below. For more information on yesterday's proceedings, check out @CAMRA_AGM
- Sunday, 18:00 : Here are the last orders from our @PubsPintsPeople podcast hosts Clare, Ant and Matt! Let us know what your tipple has been this week below 👇 Listen to the episode here 👉 ow.ly/dkwd50EqoJb pic.twitter.com/J5aPEaX6Fz