Welcome to the Chester & South Clwyd branch of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
Our Area of Campaigning
CAMRA's Chester and South Clwyd Branch offers a warm welcome to everyone, especially if you live in our catchment area bounded by these parts of West Cheshire and North East Wales:
Hooton, Ellesmere Port, Ince, Hapsford, Kelsall, Clotton, Huxley, Bulkley, Willey Moor, Hanmer, Knolton, Overton-on-Dee, Chirk, Ceiriog Valley, Llangollen and Rhewl, Llandegla, Minera, Llanfynydd, Hawarden and Connah's Quay.
Where we actually cover in terms of pubs is often a topic of hot debate (no, seriously) and certainly causes much confusion amongst members. Is it based on postcodes - the method used to determine branch membership numbers - or does it follow specific national, county, district and parish boundaries? Well, the answer is a bit of everything suggesting that whoever devised the rules must have had ten pints of Old Peculier beforehand as well as a few psychedelic drugs. If you wish to lose the will to live then read on.
In England it's relatively straight forward. Everywhere in the former local government districts of Chester and Ellesmere Port & Neston Borough (prior to their merger with Vale Royal to form Cheshire West & Cheshire) is ours except for Willaston, Neston and Parkgate which Wirral CAMRA Branch supervises.
In Wales it's more fiddly. Very fiddly in fact. All of Wrexham County Borough is covered by this branch while we also administer parts of Flintshire and Denbighshire dependent on the postcode. Let's break this down further for the masochistic amongst you.
CH4 - Bretton, Broughton, Penyffordd, Saltney
LL11 - Llandegla
CH5 - Aston, Connah's Quay, Ewloe, Garden City, Hawarden, Mancot, Queensferry, Sandycroft, Shotton, Wepre
LL20 - Llangollen, Rhewl
LL11 - Ffrith, Llanfynydd
LL12 - Caergwrle, Cefn-y-Bedd, Hope
Now, there's also some bewilderment about SY13 and SY14 postcodes which affect Barton, Hanmer, Malpas, Nomansheath, Sarn, Shocklach, Tilston, Tushingham and Willey Moor. If this is you, but you live in either Wrexham County Borough or Chester District (as was), then we cover your patch. Trust us on this one.
Now go to bed, take a sedative, and be ready for an exam in the morning.
Twitter / CamraCaSC
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Friday, 17:03 : #Christmas is on its way! Are you ready for a festive #FunFactFriday? 🍻❄️ Join CAMRA today 👉 ow.ly/JLDA50rrTZy pic.twitter.com/jTGfR8xmG7
- Friday, 12:30 : Are you a keen musician? Don't forget to enter our podcast jingle competition! 🎵 We're looking for a jingle to feature in an upcoming podcast. Send your jingles to email@example.com before 16 Dec for a chance to win! Full T&Cs 👉 camra.org.uk/competition-te… pic.twitter.com/89YhVx1qjW
- Friday, 11:00 : Have you been to the The Merchant's House in Norwich? They host regular, accessible pop-up events including gigs, board game nights, video game nights, open mics and even a World Mental Health Day information booth. Find out more by visiting camra.org.uk/loneliness/
- Thursday, 12:01 : Thank you to all our members, followers and #GE2019 candidates who signed up to our #PledgeForPubs over the past few weeks! You can read our full manifesto on what we want to see from the next Government online: camra.org.uk/pubs/pledge-fo… pic.twitter.com/LS1otpIga3
- Thursday, 12:00 : Did you know that @FGWMC runs lunchtime meals for the elderly on Thursdays from midday onwards? A great initiative to combat loneliness and social isolation! Does your pub or club do something similar? Let us know and visit camra.org.uk/loneliness/